Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mental Evaluation

I am seriously beginning to worry about the state of my mental health. To quote a blogging friend over at Lots of Scotts, "How Did I Get Here"? I must say that I topped J on this one. I just wish it was some little innocent kittens that I said "yes" to! You know, I felt my resistance to animals begin to melt shortly after I had children. As a young adult, I had always thought that a cat was the only animal companion suitable for ownership. But when children see a dog and go 'gaga' over it, I must say it is hard to say no...hence the first notch in my belt of "I won't ever give in to having a DOG". And voila, about 5 years ago, I came home with something the kids could go 'gaga' over:



Tanner was, and still is, a big hit here at the S home. However, to get 'revenge' I felt that I would only be able to live with this "nasty/stinky" dog if I had a beautiful, well-behaved, clean, fresh-as-a-rose, cat. Hence, the acquisition of Angel:



Isn't she adorable???? As I began to sense some deterioation of my mental health, I didn't stop there...At this point Ab felt like she needed something of her "own" and begged for quite some time...for these. You guessed it, I weakened mentally and went out and purchased these 6 (only 5 now---God rest it's soul) little critters:



All of you animal lovers out there right now are thinking, "ahhhh, isn't that nice, everyone in that little family has their own little critter to take care of..." Well, if that's the case, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE FOLLOWING??? This is the point where I do believe I may need to go on medication...I have truly lost all capabilities of saying NO...ASOLUTELY NOT...I am not even going to go into "how I got here"There is no explanation other than that I have just lost all mental capacity for rational thinking...hence the need for medication...Meet Floyd and Thunder...the latest additions to the "funny farm":






Now you will understand this last little picture...


You would think as a health professional, I would already know this...apparently not!

3 comments:

georgiamom said...

Oh goodness!! What are you thinking? Do they do any tricks? Do they keep away snakes,rats,etc? They are cute! (from a distance)

Anonymous said...

Mom-
i know you love all our animals despite their messiness. that would mean tanner.
i`m glad you can`t say no any more.
-tannerdog

Al said...

I won't tell Lady Bug and Scamper about your opinion of canines...

Do you think that Floyd and Thunder can dead-head roses better than deer? If so, What are y'all doing this weekend...