Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm Getting Old...Or So She Says...


I have spoken of my Father quite often on this blog. He is a hard-working, patriotic, humble man with whom I respect and love with all of my heart. Just today I had an experience with him that will go down in the annals of history (as far as my life history is concerned anyway)! My Dad will be 76 years old this year and still works about 60 hours a week. He has an unprecedented work ethic. Well, today, he took a little time away from his "real" work to do some wood working in his wood shop. He is very skilled in this area and enjoys it tremendously. But today he cut a little more than just the piece of wood he was working on...his finger. So those of you who know my mother, she would not be the one to take him to get it sewed back on. She has been known to pass out just during a discussion about blood. So I was next in line since I was off today. I didn't mind a bit...blood no problem...vomit--well that's another post for another day. But anyway, my Dad and I scurried off to the ER to get sewn back together and all went well. Now I will get to the gist of this post...

As we were preparing to be discharged, the discharge nurse came in and asked me to sign the paper so we could leave..."Maam, if you will just sign your name here and put WIFE out beside it as your relation to the patient". WHAT???? WIFE???? Did I look that old or did my Dad look that young?? I'm afraid I can answer that question in a real southern way...my Daddy ain't no SPRING CHICKEN!!

So I am feeling a little depressed tonight...I think I will go soak my teeth...

No comments: