Monday, November 16, 2009

One Year Under My Belt...

Yes, it is my one year anniversary in the blogging world. I have officially documented 83 posts. One year ago, I began this blog as a way to personally document what I felt like was the beginning of a journey. Here is a portion of that first post:

"As Christians, we are all on a journey. But it seems as if I am in a very transitional time...a standstill in my journey. I am realizing at the age of 43 that I am in a 'pit', as Beth Moore refers to it. And at this stage of my journey, I am not even real sure what all this 'pit' consists of. As I learn more about myself and where I am in my relationship with God, I want to use this blog to document this journey out of my 'pit' that I believe I am about to embark upon. But I think that before you can go anywhere, you must get your stuff together and see what you need to take and what you need to leave behind. There will be a lot of baggage that I know I must leave behind. I believe that it may very well be some of that baggage that has gotten me into this 'pit'. It may take a while, but I do believe that I can do just that...leave it behind."

Well, this year has been an awesome journey. God has opened my eyes and my heart to truths that have shown me the baggage I was carrying. Through the Word that is being taught in our new church home, through books being taught in Bible studies, through conversations with new friends, my eyes have been opened in ways that I never would have imagined. For the first time in my life my eyes and heart have been opened to see those things that were weighing me down. God is so awesome and He has truly reached down to me over the past year through all of these avenues I have mentioned and pulled me from the 'pit' I had grown accustomed to.

Psalm 40:1-3 The Message I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud. He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn't slip. He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God. More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God. 4-5 Blessed are you who give yourselves over to God, turn your backs on the world's "sure thing," ignore what the world worships; The world's a huge stockpile of God-wonders and God-thoughts. 7-8 So I answered, "I'm coming. I read in your letter what you wrote about me, And I'm coming to the party you're throwing for me." That's when God's Word entered my life, became part of my very being.

I want Him to truly be 'part of my very being'. Everything that I do and say, every attitude, every action...I want it to be a 'God-song'.

The journey continues...I can't wait to see where God will take me...

Peace...

3 comments:

georgiamom said...

happy 1 year!! So glad that I have had the opportunity to get to know you!

Robin said...

thanks for being one of my (2 or 3 )faithful readers!! I'm so glad our paths have crossed as well...

AMOCS said...

Good Post R,

I proud of you and where you are letting God lead you!
AMOCS