I loved basketball...still love to get out and shoot some hoops! I began playing when I was in the 7th grade and played through high school and then college. I was never on a winning team until I went off to college to play. Not only was I not on a winning team through grade school and high school, I was on a TERRIBLE team. I once scored 43 points in one game...we still lost. Through those 6 years, I lost count, but I think we had 7 different coaches. And let me tell you, until you have faced defeat the way I did for 6 years, there was nothing like finally having that "winning" feeling. (Please remember that this picture is from the "very early" 80's!)

Well, I have said all of this and embarrassed myself with this picure in order to say that I am so glad that my baby girl has experienced winning at an early stage of her basketball career! I know there is a lot to learn and glean from losing...and I know we can't win all the time...and I know that it's not all about winning...BUT MY BABY AND HER TEAM GOT 1ST PLACE IN THEIR MIDDLE SCHOOL LEAGUE!!! Ummmmph...you go girls!!! SO PROUD OF OUR MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS AND THE TENACITY THEY SHOWED THIS 2011 SEASON!!

No comments:
Post a Comment