Aa has been saying for quite some time that when he grows up he wants to be a comedian. Well, skeptical as I am about that quest, I wonder after an incident of this past week if it might not happen some day. My parents were out of town this week so I had the joy of picking Aa up at school, going back to work, and waiting there till time to pick up Ab at CC practice. Well, on Tuesday, we were very busy at work and Aa had come out of the office three times to ask me for a dime for the gumball machine. I kept sending him back to the office with the response that after I got caught up, I would help him. But right now, "mommy is busy". It wasn't 15 minutes before he was by my side again with the following note...It brought tears and laughter from my eyes and heart all at the same time...and I thought, what a gift God has given that little fella to be able to do that. In the heat of a very stressful moment, he had brought joy to my soul...
I'll let the copy of the note say the rest...

(In case you can't make out the scanned copy..."listen, i'm trying to ask you, if I can have a dime. and I just don't like being ignored like this so whenever I ignore you I'm sorry. But I mean your sopposed to be my mom the person I look up to. I don't want tears to come from my eyes like this...{picture of boy crying}
And if I do cry this is what I'd be saying...{message bubble} The tears on my pillow bespeek the pain that is in my heart.
And if I did cry you would have to clean up like this...{picture of Mom on hands & knees cleaning up big tears} saddness
And after you finish reading this story, maybel you'll think twice about offending me like this...
{picture of mom} {message bubble} I'm sorry Aa {picture of Aa} {message bubble} happieness.)
Peace & joy...
1 comment:
Love this...not only comedian, but pshchologist too....you won't forget this his whole life when he asks you for $$$...the older he gets, the higher the amounts...Thanks for sharing..Your kids are really growing up...Can't believe how tall Aa is(or is it Ab) Love to all...Cousin Joann in Griffin!
Post a Comment