
I have been practicing pharmacy for 21 years...I thought I had seen it all...items wrapped in tissue that had traveled a great distance down a long and "winding" road and stayed in tact...items removed from the inside of ears...stab wounds from a bar fight the night before...rashes in places that I won't even discuss...I could go on...but I won't. However, in my 21 years, not once have I been asked to go in the parking lot to see if I could find one of my little "blue hair's" false teeth. She had not realized until she had gotten back to the assisted living home that they were missing...hmmm...must have been lunchtime when she got back. After being requested specifically on the telephone for this opportunity of service, how could I not "serve with gladness?" I proceeded to go out into the parking lot to search for the missing teeth...all I could think about was what would I do if I actually found them!!! I just kept on thinking what a servant heart I needed at this time...Thankfully...you guessed it...I did not retrieve the missing teeth and I don't think I've ever been quite so "glad"!
No comments:
Post a Comment