Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lost...How Sad to Really be Lost

I want to recommend a blog that I frequent quiet often, Sarah-n-africa. As a matter of fact, I have added her to my links. Sarah is a missionary in Maputo, Mozambique. She works with a project for street kids called Masana. She is also a relative of my husband...second cousin maybe? Not real sure about that...Nonetheless, she has an awesome ministry.

Recently, I read a post where she was trying to help a young boy, Castigo, to try and get back home. He had come to the city for work and had left his home at night and could not remember what roads he had traveled to get there. Sarah posted this about the incident (and I quote):

"We are currently trying to help Castigo get back home. He is 15 years old. His family lives about 3 hours from Maputo. His father has passed away but his mom and 2 siblings are at home. He came to the city in February to look for work. He was unable to find any and since he knew no one was forced to live on the street. Praise the Lord for bringing Castigo to Masana so that we can help him get back home!!!"

Ever since I read this post, I have had Castigo on my heart and in my prayers. I have also shared the story with my children, so that as a family, we can pray that he will find his family. As I honestly think about "losing" my family, my mind just will not perceive it. I just cannot imagine...He is lost, truly lost. Castigo is not my child but my heart hurts for him and the family that he is separated from.

The last that Sarah blogged about the situation she said:

"This past Friday, we took 2 other boys back home. Castigo went with us so that we could visit his family on the way back to Maputo. We spent 3 hours driving around and were not able to find his house. When he came to the city in search of work, it was his first time ever really leaving home. It was dark when he left home and he does not remember how to get back. We drove around until dusk then began the 2 hour drive back to Maputo. Unfortunately, that means Castigo is still living on the street. In a couple of weeks, we'll take him back and try again to find his home."

I cannot help but think about Jesus and how He longs for us to find Him when we are lost in our sin or circumstances. At times the darkness of our circumstances/sins is overwhelming, and we can't seem to remember how to get back to Him. But He is constantly saying to us "Come home." He is there...He will never leave us nor forsake us...we just need to turn and look...there He is...standing and reaching out to us. I am sure that Castigo's family longs to see him walking toward their home, arms reaching out to embrace.

Please whisper a prayer for Sarah and Castigo as they continue to search for his family and home. And if you are feeling a little lost, turn and look, He is standing, waiting with arms reaching out to you...What a comfort to know...

Peace....

No comments: