Truly the old cliche', "Never say never", has never rang more true to me than this very week. Just Tuesday afternoon after hearing that someone at my workplace could possibly have the flu, my boss and myself both chimed in to say that "I've never had the flu and don't need to take the flu shot". I know what you, possibly two people that read this blog, are thinking and you are exactly right. On Wednesday evening, (yes, just 24 hours after my prophetic proclamation), I began to feel very lethargic and somewhat congested. I thought nothing of it and just went to bed early that evening. Upon rising on Thursday I felt much like I had been side swiped by a Dodge Neon. I went on to work still thinking that it was just the same old cold/allergies I have been battling now for 4 months. I worked my 10 hours, came home and realized that it was a good thing that I had Friday off this week. Upon waking, (notice I did not say rising), on Friday morning I felt much like I had been flattened by an eighteen wheeler. After being sweetly advised by my mother (yeah, right) that I should see the doctor, I called and made the appointment. My mother drove me because I was seeing multiple images and my legs felt like jello. After seeing the physician(s) and a quick lab test, I was told I had influenza A. I knew the news was bad when my nurse(s) suddenly put gloves on after performing the test and then proceeded to tell me to wait right there...she needed to go get a room prepared for me so I would not "cross-contaminate" anything. (What the heck is that supposed to mean--that I contaminate what is already contaminated in that room?) Suddenly I felt like no one wanted to be my friend! So I am now a statistic. However, I am glad to say that I was only my physician's second confirmed flu case this year. And it's almost Spring. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to feel the way I have felt the last 3 days. Every inch of my body has ached and I feel like my family has disowned me (my own fault---I don't want them near me for fear they would get this crud). My cat has stayed by my side continually, however. She is fast asleep right beside me as I type this post from bed this evening. Everybody needs somebody...
Hopefully in a couple of days I will be back on my feet again. I have had to miss out on a very exciting and fun event that our school sponsors this weekend. D and I have been for the last 6 years and always look forward to it. And I know that church tomorrow is out of the question. I definitely do not want to share this.
Sleeping and watching old Alfred Hitchcock mysteries has been pretty much my fare for the last few days. And it gets real old after a while. I have eaten soup for every meal except breakfast since Friday morning and haven't washed my hair since Wednesday morning.
I will never eat soup, watch Alfred Hitchcock or go 3 days without washing my hair...Never again!
What did I just say?
Peace...
1 comment:
Yuck! I hope you wiped the key board off. Hope you feel better, soon. C-ya, I have to go wash my fingertips, now.
CjW
Post a Comment