Well, my baby girl turned 10 years old a couple of weeks ago. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I would blog later about the wonderful day that we experienced together. I just cannot believe it has been 10 years since she came into this world. It was at that same moment, that life, as we knew it then, became non-existent. But needless to say, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in this world.
At this stage in my life, time before children now seems like a million years ago. D and I were married 10 years before we had our first child. We have 2 babies waiting on us in heaven and two that the Father has entrusted to us to raise here on this earth. My prayer everyday is that D and I would please the Father in the way that we raise our children. He has truly blessed us with two gems!
Ab is our first-born. Her heart is so pure and honest. I wanted this birthday to be extra special for her. So she and I spent the day getting her nails done, getting her ears pierced (after a little persuasion from Dad), shopping, and just talking to one another. I won't ever forget our special day and I hope that she won't either. We capped off her special day by getting matching rings. They are each inscribed on the inside. Mine says "My daughter, my friend" and Ab's says "My mother, my friend". I think it is so important to let our daughters know that we are their friend. I don't want her to ever forget that.
Ab, I love you...God has a destiny for you that you will fulfill...always trust in Him and know who you are in Jesus Christ...He loves you just for who you are...He made you special and gave you that pure and honest heart...I cannot wait to see what all you accomplish for God's kingdom in your time here on earth...Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment