Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!

I concluded my season of shopping this evening. Christmas Eve Eve! But I must admit that all I had to purchase was 7 grocery items. HOWEVER, I was not able to leave without wondering/pondering this question: Why exactly do stores like good ol' Walmart always put in 17 (+/-) registers in their stores. Because, I was just thinking that maybe on a day like Christmas Eve Eve at 7:30pm, YOU MIGHT JUST HAVE MORE THAN 6 OPEN REGISTERS to accomodate your already stressed out shoppers!!! I mean, it really seems like a most opportune time to get all those registers going...getting everybody in and out so even more can get in...Oh, but no...not tonight. I had 7 grocery items to get. All 6 registers that were opened were maxed out into the aisles. So instead of waiting in those 6 lines, all the people with buggies running over with eggnog, diapers, wrapping paper, clearance christmas cards, shampoo, DVD's, screaming kids, toys, etc... proceed to the FAST self checkout (which were all open) to check out at a snail's pace. I had plenty of time to stand there with my 7 items and look at everything going on around me. I was just wondering how much it actually cost department stores to set up a check-out lane when they build these mega stores. Because I would love to take that number and multiply it times 10 and divert that money back into savings for the customer. IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE THEM DON'T PUT THEM IN!!! I think it is really a good idea to just get rid of them. Because I have NEVER seen more than 6-7 registers open at one time in these stores. My favorite is when you go by in the mornings to get groceries after you have dropped the kids at school. It has been my experience that this is a rather busy time of the day for MOM shopping. And without fail, they always have ONE of those 17 registers open (and it is the one where you can buy tobacco---they have to have that one open all of the time). I'm all over the idea of FAST SELF CHECKOUT LANES...But NOT when I have $200 worth of groceries!!! WHY HAVE 17 REGISTERS IF YOU 'RE ONLY GONNA HAVE ONE OPEN!!!??? UGHHHH!! I think I will forward this blog entry to Walmart.com. I wonder if it would do any good. Just remember though, if you go into Walmart in the near future and they have removed all the registers except one...someone got my email!

PEACE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.